Last updated 7 weeks ago
Welcome to Oak House
Built in 1932 and designed by architect C. J. Winnes, Oak House is our Craftsman interpretation of a classic Tudor. We named it "Oak House" in honor of the monarch oak (at right) that shelters it. We still have the original blueprints, as well as a photo of Winnes' cinder-block office, circa 1927. His own house is about a mile away. The chimney pots were made by the Wheatley pottery company and are pictured in their 1927 catalog (see next photo) Sadly, in March of 2011 we had to cut down th...