North grain elevator at the A. E. Staley Manufacturing Company in 1945. The letters are fifteen feet tall. At the time this was the largest sign in Decatur. The letters were painted by Thomas Price of the A. E. Price Company Of Decatur Illinois. He slipped high in the air at one point during the painting but quickly got his balance and finished the job without incident.
1892-1897 The Mueller gun and sporting goods shop was relocated to 134 East Prairie Street in Decatur in 1892, around the corner from its previous location at 138 Market Street. By 1896 the manufacturing business had grown to demand the full attention of the family, so the gun and sporting goods shop was sold.